As a Trolley Guide you are an ambassador of Kingston and will assist guests in learning more about our city, from history and heritage to planning activities during their visit. This role requires safely driving Trolleys and other vehicles while engaging with guests/delivering tour audio via a headset microphone.
Trolley Guides are also responsible for vehicle inspections, record-keeping and reporting, and must work both independently and as part of a team. You will also deliver step-on guiding services for motor coach companies, providing both commentary to guests and direction to drivers when required.
At Kingston Destination Group we’re looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments. Discover why Kingston attract visitors from around the world, and be a part of the inspiring hospitality experience we create for our guests.
- Positive attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in other languages is an asset ie. German, Mandarin, Portuguese.
- Current “G” license with a clean record required.
- Current “C” class license or higher is an asset, but training is available for otherwise qualified candidates who want to acquire this license.
- Safely and courteously operate company vehicles.
- Drive safely in a variety of weather conditions, including rain and snow.
- Interact with guests during and between tours, including chatting with passengers during boarding, and welcoming new passengers at each stop.
- Supplement pre-recorded tours with additional information delivered via a headset microphone while driving.
- Learn and continually improve skills as a storyteller: conveying rich, engaging stories.
- Learn and convey detailed and accurate information about Kingston, including the city’s history, attractions and current events. Work constantly to enhance this expertise.
- Make effective use electronic communications and audio equipment, including pax on/off reporting and other computerized equipment.
- Interact with guests from all over the world, anticipating their needs and ensuring they have the best experience possible in our destination.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspire visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Kingston Trolley Tours operates City Tours and a Ghost & Mystery Tour. Our knowledgeable tour guides provide an outstanding hospitality and storytelling experience while showcasing Kingston’s top historic sites.
Apply Online: www.ktic.ca/jobs