As a member of our operations support crew, you will assist with the day-to-day set up and clean-up tasks for each vessel and our hospitality operations. You will also assist marine crew in emergency duties, and participate in other onboard tasks as assigned.
At Kingston Destination Group, we’re are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: onboard our sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston, Ontario. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, and help create an unforgettable experience for our guests.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work on a team in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
- Ability to work for long periods of time independently and act without supervision.
- Outstanding communication and proficiency in English.
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is required.
- Valid G license is strongly preferred.
- Smart-Serve certification is an asset.
- Complete setup tasks and ensure boats are ready for service.
- Clean, stock and supply each vessel (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, restroom cleaning etc.) before, after and between cruises.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, etc. as assigned to prepare vessels for public cruises and exclusive events.
- Minimize waste and maintain accurate inventory of stock in the commissary.
- Assist on board as an additional staff member, as needed.
- Maintain the general tidiness and organization of Crawford Wharf, main office, crew room area and offsite warehouse.
- Notify marine crew, supervisors and/or managers of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Participate in safety drills and act as a member of the onboard safety team.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor Experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Apply Online: www.ktic.ca/jobs