As a Tour Guide you will contribute to an outstanding guest experience at Kingston Destination Group: as part of the Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises/Kingston Trolley Tours team. Tour Guides are responsible for developing a unique story telling experience and must work both independently and as part of a team on board our vessels/vehicles.
At Kingston Destination Group we’re looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments. Discover why Kingston attract visitors from around the world and be a part of the inspiring hospitality experience we create for our guests.
- Positive attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- The ability to perform in front of and engage the audience routinely.
- Background in or passion for history is an asset.
- Background/experience in theatre is an asset.
- Memorize a written script and continuously evolve storytelling technique.
- Supplement live music with additional information delivered via a headset microphone.
- Learn and continually improve skills as a storyteller: conveying rich, engaging oral stories.
- Learn and convey detailed and accurate information about Kingston, including the city’s history, attractions and current events.
- Use electronic communications and audio equipment, including sound levels on board and other computerized equipment.
- Interact with guests from all over the world, anticipating their needs and ensuring they have the best experience possible in our destination.
Additional Opportunities in this role:
Administrative: Part-time administrative work is available during the season to assist the Kingston Trolley Tours team with daily tasks such as scheduling, briefing tour guides on daily events and other important information, liaising with internal departments to relay vehicle availability, plan trolley routes, coordinate itineraries and facilitate charter inquiries. Organizational skills/attention to detail and some experience using computers in an administrative setting is required.
Character Acting: Part-time work as a character actor is available during the season to assist Kingston Trolley Tours with the 'Ghost & Mystery' storytelling experience. If dressing up in costume/acting out a character (example: one of Kingston's famous ghostly figures) is something you'd like to do, this might be the role for you!
About Kingston Destination Group
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
We operate Kingston’s Hop On Hop off Trolley Tours, as well as the Ghost & Mystery Trolley Tour. Our knowledgeable tour guides provide an outstanding hospitality and storytelling experience while bringing guests on a tour of Kingston’s top historic sites both on and off the water.
Apply Online: www.ktic.ca/jobs