As a member of the Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises onboard Hospitality Team you will contribute to an outstanding guest experience on board our sightseeing vessels, working in our onboard canteen, providing food and drink service to guests and supporting your team.
Participation in other on board tasks including setup, cleaning, and regular training in marine emergency duties is required.
At Kingston Destination Group we are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: on board our sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, as you help create an inspiring hospitality experience for our guests.
Season: This is a spring-summer-fall seasonal position. The Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises operating season begins in April and ends in October.
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English required.
- Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is occasionally required.
- Past hosting, serving, or bartending experience is an asset.
- Smart-Serve certification required.
- Safe Food Handlers certificate preferred.
- Complete setup tasks and ensure the boat is ready for service.
- Greet and assist guests during boarding, service and disembarkation.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of food and beverage items, allergens, cook times and inventory.
- Prepare food and beverage items ordered by guests in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Professionally plate/present food and beverages according to presentation standards.
- Minimize waste and maintain accurate inventory.
- Collect payment and process through Point-of-Sale software, accurately balancing end of day reports.
- Consistently meet and exceed standards for service timing and service excellence.
- Proficiency in the operation and management of POS system and related devices.
- Participate in safety drills and act as a member of the on board safety team.
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs: exceed expectations and create an outstanding experience as an Ambassador for Kingston.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises operates the “Food, Fun and Entertainment Ships” of the 1000 Islands, demonstrating hospitality excellence on 1-hour and 3-hour cruises departing from downtown Kingston. Cruises sail on a fleet of three sightseeing and dining vessels ranging in size from 100 to 250 passengers: The Island Belle, The Island Queen, and the Island Star.
Apply Online: www.ktic.ca/jobs