Southern Frontenac Community Services is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
This is a full time (35 hours weekly) position, based in Sydenham, ON.
The Adult Day Service (ADS) Recreation Lead will work closely with all other ADS staff to plan and implement an Adult Day Service. The ADS Recreation Lead will work with groups or provide individual support for clients with differing needs. The ADS Recreation Lead will take the lead on recreation within the program, adapting activities to meet the needs/goals of all participants. The ADS Recreation Lead ensures quality care through coordination and oversight of other staff and volunteers. Physical demands of the job include assisting with transfers and client care as well as room set-up and take down.
Please reference our website for a more detailed job description: https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
- Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation and/or Recreation & Leisure with Gerontology or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the aging process as well as diseases of aging.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate activities and ensure that they meet both the clients’ needs and interests as well as program standards of care.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to be flexible.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Values consistent with our values and a client focused environment.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Send a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the role requirements to Southern Frontenac Community Services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Adult Day Service Recreation Lead in the subject line by September 25, 2023.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – please notify Chantal Tyrell if you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.