The Delta Hotel by Marriott Kingston Waterfront Hotel is home to the award-winning restaurant, AquaTerra that serves picturesque waterfront views and the most beautiful, delicious dishes using fresh and local ingredients. Along with our amazing dishes, we strive to hire amazing talent to be part of our team in holding up our standards for our guests. AquaTerra is looking to hire an individual to take on the unique role of a
This interesting role will allow you to be the face of AquaTerra. You will engage with guests by greeting and seating them, ensuring a welcoming and pleasant experience for them, preparing to-go orders, as well as supervise and coordinate breakfast, lunch and/or dinner operations for the success of the hotel and brand standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating a positive, professional, and approachable impression at all times
- Controlling the flow of the dining room and lounge
- Operation of the computerized point of sale system
- Assign tables and seat guests with menus
- Prepare and complete guests orders from our Grab ‘n Go bar, take-out meals, etc.
- Demonstrate hotel and brand standards at all times
- Preparing tables for new guests
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the host stand and area
- Provide current information for guests on promotions, events, and the local community
The above areas of responsibility are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Previous server/host experience
- Smart Serve certification required
- Must be flexible to workdays, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining tact and diplomacy
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse team environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with co-workers, managers, and guests.
- Possess a high degree of enthusiasm, initiative, and professionalism
- Communication: Provides and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions, actively listens to others, works to resolve differences, and maintain work relationships.
- Teamwork: Actively participates in the work of the team by taking on different roles and responsibilities; encouraging efforts and contributions of others. Ensures that the tasks are completed through fair and reasonable sharing of responsibilities and opportunities for participation.
- Adaptability: Having flexibility in handling change, being able to juggle multiple demands, and adapting to new situations with new ideas and innovative approaches
- Customer Service Focused: Establishes and maintains relationships with guests by listening and gaining their trust and is dedicated to exceeding customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Self-Management: Ability to regulate and control their emotions, thoughts, and behaviours, and having the ability to set goals independently and the initiative to achieve them.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to type and use computers and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may experience periods of pressure during busy periods.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON K7L 5H7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person