The Laundry Aide is responsible for the collection, sorting, washing, repair and delivery of Resident's laundry.
- To assist in the collection and sorting of soiled personal clothing and linens and pre- treat stains as required;
- To load and unload washers and dryers ensuring that proper settings are used and that chemical supplies are at an appropriate level;
- To inspect soiled linens or personal laundry and complete any required repairs, e.g. rips, tears, buttons;
- To fold , segregate and stack linens and residents' clothing and ironing as required;
- To deliver linens and clothing to appropriate areas;
- To adhere to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- To complete documentation as required according to facility policy/job routines;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents)
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge/experience in commercial laundry procedures and ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to follow instructions and provide feedback on a day to day basis
- Must be familiar with standard sewing and mending techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper linen care and stain removal
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
564 Tanner Dr, Kingston, ON