Your overall responsibility is to clean and maintain the guestrooms to the hotel standards while ensuring guest satisfaction. You do your part in ensuring that our guests are always greeted by a clean, stocked, and orderly home away from home. Since the condition of their room is one of the top things that guests address in hotel reviews, you play a critical role in our success! You feel a sense of pride as you put the finishing touch on each room!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Keep work area clean and neat, free from dust and litter.
- Loads carts with supplies needed to perform duties.
- Cleans all guest rooms as assigned within the required time limit. Duties in each room include, but not limited to:
- Change bed linens and makes bed.
- Vacuum carpet. Moves furniture as needed to clean.
- Dust and clean all furniture including picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TV’s, armoires, desks, etc.
- Clean mirrors, surfaces, windows, walls, etc.
- Thoroughly clean bathroom area by washing the shower/tub, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Replace room amenities such as bathroom supplies, drinking glasses, writing supplies, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Ensure guest room set up complies with standards.
- Reports any discrepancies in room status, maintenance related issues, and/or why room was not completed, etc. to the Supervisor.
- Turns in all Lost & Found items following the standard procedures.
- Fills out assignment sheet as each room is completed.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
The above areas of responsibility are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Completion of Grade 10 education
- Minimum 1 year experience in a cleaning environment, preferably in a hotel setting is considered an asset
- Must be flexible to work any shift
- Must be polite & courteous
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as a team or independently
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse team environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with co-workers, managers, and guests
- Must be reliable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform duties while standing and/ or walking for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to lift weights up to 30 lbs., push and pull heavy equipment such as cleaning carts and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend, reach, and lift while performing duties.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants, cleaning agents, and chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON K7K 5W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person