Fire & Flower is a leading, technology-powered, adult-use cannabis retailer with more than 70 corporate-owned stores in its network. The Company leverages its wholly owned technology development subsidiary, Hifyre Inc., to continually advance its proprietary retail operations model
The Fire and Flower Shift Leader is responsible for opening and closing duties, overseeing daily operations, and supervising staff during an assigned shift.
The Shift Leader maintains store appearance and product presentation to company standards and acts as a knowledge resource for team members. Duties include but are not limited to supervising staff, assisting cashiers, delivering a consistently high customer service level, cash management, administrative duties, setting alarms, and keeping the front of house clean and organized.
All Shift Leaders are expected to be stewards of compliance and education leading by example, providing education, and reinforcing company standards. The Shift Leader is also responsible for escalating all employee issues and customer complaints/inquiries to store managers for resolution.
Core Competencies and Requirements
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to guide, educate and motivate employees.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Familiarity with security alarm systems – enabling and disabling.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sales software quickly.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with cash management.
- Open and Close retail store, including activating and deactivating alarms.
- Greet and assist customers in a manner that models exemplary conduct to other staff
- Provide a high level of customer service; build quality relationships with customers, suggest new products, provide product knowledge, and remind them of upcoming sales.
- Assist with team member onboarding, training, and continuous education.
- Build team commitment to high standards of service, exceeding Customer expectations and leading by example.
- Maintain a full understanding and reinforce and departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally.
- Assist with the implementation of sales strategies and motivate sales team to achieve goals/targets.
- Communicate changes in policy, procedures, products, services, promotions, or any other alterations that affect the customer.
- Where necessary, identify and suggest technology solutions to meet evolving customer needs.
- Escalate team member issues to direct manager.
- Act as a steward of education and compliance.
Education, Training & Experience
- 2 years of experience in the retail industry.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service.
- Clear criminal record.
- Provincial Cannabis Certification.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Overtime as required.
Fire & Flower values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Inclusion to us means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
- Thank you for your interest and application, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. *