At Whozagooddog we value the dogs in our care and their owners. We offer a service where their dogs can come and play freely while being in a monitored and safe environment. Our facility features 7 different play rooms, as well as a fenced yard in order to divide the dogs in our care into groups that suit each others' play style and behaviours. We have and use, agility equipment, slatmills and other activities geared toward canine enrichment and canine fitness.
A Dog Handler's duties include but are not limited to:
- Effectively care for the dogs in our facility.
- Completing individual enrichment activities and pack walks.
- Observing and managing the dogs' behaviours and needs during their stay.
- Cleaning floors and play rooms when required.
- Ensuring the daily routine is in motion and daily tasks are accomplished.
- Communication with all staff to ensure dog safety.
- Communication with dog's owners regarding their day at Whozagooddog.
An ideal candidate would be punctual, reliable, confident in a large room of dogs and be a strong team player.
* Experience with dog behaviour, dog training, and an aptitude for handling dogs in large social groups an asset but not required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.55-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- What life or work experience do you have that would assist you in this role?
- What qualities do you possess that would help you in this environment (large group of dogs, varying behaviors, loud)?
Work Location: In person
33 Railway Street, Kingston, ON