Assistant Front Office Manager
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and locations.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 77 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NFLD but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivalled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Assistant Front Office Manager position is generally responsible for managing and participating in the day to day operation of Guest Services & Front Desk: carries out reporting, trains and supervises new staff. In turn maintaining high standards of quality, revenue management, inventory cost control and ensuring guest and employee satisfaction.
The duties of the Assistant Front Office Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, prepare, execute & achieve financial goals.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the front office department (night audit, guest services and reservations) to ensure brand standards are in place and maintained.
- Monitor and maintain the front office, guest accounting and reservations to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction and ensure company standards are met.
- Responsible for the supervision, recruitment, selection, training and development of front office personnel.
- Supervise the reservation functions including Yield Management System to ensure maximum RevPar.
- Ensure application of credit policies, controls and handling of financial transactions are in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable on all hotel facilities, daily functions, current hotel promotions, as well as local activities within the city.
- Handle guest feedback/concerns promptly to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Promote a culture focused on guest service.
- Recommends, develops and implements staff incentives designed to increase revenues.
- Implement and maintain all company policies and procedures.
- Assist hotel management as directed with development of special reports and/or special projects.
- Ability to set procedures relating to groups according to company policy and Yield Management targets.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in producing hotel forecast by accurate projection of room related revenue and expenses.
- Keep central reservations updated on hotel facilities/special promotions to maximize revenues.
- Support the Front Office Manager with the development of the room revenue budget.
- Administer and maintain all uniforms and inventories, including printed materials.
- Assist in the operation of other departments within the hotel.
- Manager on Duty shifts are required, oversee day-to-day operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar supervisory/leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Service focused personality with the ability to lead by example
- Experience with property management system an asset
- Well organized self-starter
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
- Night Audit experience an asset
- Must be available days, evenings, weekend and holidays.
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off